RRB ( Railway Recruitment Board )released 2018 employment recruitment notification for 2,726 vacancies in Southern Railwayacross India for candidates who are looking to secure a career in the Railways. Apply online before last date for the Posts of Apprentice, Fitter, Electrician, Welder, Carpenter, Health Inspector, Staff Nurse.
Eligible candidates can fill the application form and apply online/apply offline for the Southern railway vacancies 2018. The recruitment notification is up on the official website and our site as well and the last date to apply is 11th April 2018.
Given below are the important dates, eligibility criteria such as Age limit and Education qualification, Exam Syllabus, Exam pattern, official notification and apply online link are all given below in great detail.
Southern Railway Recruitment 2018 – Junior Clerk cum Typist Vacancy Details
|Recruitment Sector||Southern Indian Railway|
|Post Name||Junior Clerk cum Typist|
|No. of Vacancies||74 Openings|
|Pay Scale / Salary||Pay Matrix Level 2|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 1900/-|
|Job Category||Railway Jobs|
|Educational Criteria||12th Pass Govt Jobs|
|Last Date to Apply||23-April-2018|
Southern Railway Jobs 2018 –2652 Trade Vacancies Details
|Post Name||No. ofVacancies|
|Welder (Gas & Electric)||456|
|Refrigeration and AC Mechanic||12|
|Electronics /Information Technology||29|
|Fresher MTL (Radiology)||08|
|Fresher MTL (Pathology)||08|
Eligibility Criteria for Southern Railway Recruitment
For Carpenter, Painter, Welder (Gas & Electric), Wireman – Candidates applying for these posts are supposed to have at least 8th pass educational qualifications with science as a major subject and should have a National trade Certificate in notified trade by NCVT.
For Fitter, Machinist, Turner, Plumber, Electrician, Electronics Mechanic, Diesel Maintenance Mechanic, Advance Welder, Electronic/Information Technology, Instrument Mechanic, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic, Draughtsman (Civil) – Aspirants must have at least 10th pass standard with science as a major subject with a National trade Certificate in notified trade by NCVT.
For Medical Laboratory Technician (Radiology/Pathology) – candidates must be 12th pass with science as one of the subjects with a National trade Certificate in notified trade by NCVT.
Exam Pattern and Selection Process for Southern Railway Recruitment
The Selection Process is divided into three parts which include:
This will be based on the marks obtained in 10thand ITI Pass.
Physical Fitness Test
After you get shortlisted, you will go through a physical fitness test in which you will have to fulfill the given criteria:
- There should not be any evidence of any condition which affects the eye or the lids of either eye.
- You should be able to satisfy the minimum standard if physical fitness as elicited by the Apprentices Act/Rules.
Medical Fitness Test
- The candidates must be free from any contagious or infectious disease.
- The candidate must also be free from any signs of tuberculosis whether it is healed or active.
After selection, you will have to undergo a training period of 3 years or so.
The minimum age required to apply for Southern Railway jobs is 15 years and the maximum age required to be able to apply for the posts mentioned above is 24 years.
The age relaxations are also valid for the above mentioned posts. The age relaxation for SC/ST category is 5 years and for OBC it is 3 years. For ex-service men/PWD it is 10 years.Age (as on 12th March 2018)
|OBC – 3 years||SC/ST – 5 years||PWD/Ex-servicemen – 10 years|
Exam Application Fees:
The application fee for the southern railway recruitment 2018 is Rs. 100 for others and no fee for SC/ST/PWD/Women.
UR – Rs. 100/- |SC/ST/PWD/Women – No fees
Aspirants can pay application fee through online mode by using Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
How To Apply Online For Southern Railway Recruitment 2018 @ sr.indianrailways.gov.in
- Click the link given below and download the form into your device.
- Fill out the form given with great precision.
- Please note that you must enclose attested copies of all your documents (Certificate of date of birth, certificate proof of qualification, caste certificate, Disability certificate and registered copy of employment registration card)
- Attach the required photographs.
- Check your details once again.
- Post it from your nearest post office on this address.
Assistant Personnel Officer,
Park Town, Chennai-6000023,
Required DOCUMENTS TO BE SENT
- Photocopies of Educational Certificates
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Employment Exchange Registration Number
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- Experience Certificate (if any)
- Copy of Aadhard Card
Online Application Form Last Date for Southern Railway Vacancy:
|Start Date for Application Form Submission||7th March 2018|
|Last Date for Application Form Submission||3rd April 2018 (Revised)|
Official Links and References
|Official Application Notification||PDF Link|
|Offline Application Form –JUNIOR CLERK – CUM – TYPIST||PDF Link|
|Online Application Southern Railway Portal||Apply Online|